UNT College of Business Department of Aviation Logistics is proud to offer ACE CAMP 2017.
Aviation Career Education Academy is offered in conjunction with Tarrant County College Northwest Campus Erma C. Johnson Hadley Northwest Center of Excellence for Aviation, Transportation and Logistics.
June 12-16, 2017
ACE CAMP is a fun, interactive career exploration camp geared toward high school students who are interested in aviation and aerospace. The goal of ACE CAMP is to give students information on aviation history, different career opportunities within aviation, preparing and planning a flight, the physics of flight, and design and maintenance of aircraft. ACE CAMP is an adventure where students use flight simulators and go on field trips to observe various aspects of aviation careers at local aviation industries & airports. Students will have many great opportunities, including a chance to fly in an airplane with the US Aviation Academy.
Registration Fee: $299.00
- Students must be U.S. citizens between the ages of 14-18.
- Students must have a sincere interest in learning about aviation.
- Students must register and submit payment on line by June 9, 2017.
- Students must complete the Discovery Flight Waiver and Media Release Form.
Print, sign, and mail completed forms to: (Postmarked by June 9, 2017) UNT College of Business ATTN: Steve Joiner 1155 Union Circle #311396 Denton, TX 76203-5017
- ACE CAMP accepts 32 students into the program on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If ACE CAMP reaches full capacity, subsequent registrations will be waitlisted. If vacancies become available, waitlisted students may be added to ACE CAMP .
Registered students will receive notification of participation acceptance no later than June 2, 2017 via e-mail. Accepted participants will receive ACE CAMP information prior to the parent orientation. Non-accepted participants will receive a full refund of the registration fee.
Interested parents are encouraged to join the complimentary tour of the facility on the morning of the first day of ACE CAMP.
- To introduce students to aviation careers.
- To allow students to meet aviation professionals.
- To teach students how to prepare for a career in aviation.
- To teach students how an airplane flies.
- To give students the opportunity to fly in the right seat of an aircraft.
- To have fun while learning about aviation!
- Students must wear appropriate shirts, shorts, slacks, jeans or skirts, tennis or sport type shoes and a nametag.
- For safety reasons, no sandals or open toe shoes, no short shorts or short skirts, no baggy or oversized style jeans, and no facial jewelry.
- Students must use the sponsor-provided transportation for field trips.
- Students must be on time each day or risk missing the field trips.
- Students must participate in all daily activities.
- Students will not be permitted an early departure without prior coordination between parents and ACE CAMP Directors.
- Students will be removed from the program immediately for inappropriate language and/or behavior.
- Drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, weapons, beepers, laser pointers, and electronic devices are not permitted and will be confiscated.
Questions should be directed to Steve.Joiner@unt.edu